-Our Statement of Faith
Willowdale Fellowship Statement of Faith
Willowdale Fellowship is a body of believers who have in common the belief that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. We believe that the sixty-six books of the Bible are inspired by the Holy Spirit and are given that we might know the mind and purpose of God. His love, grace, calling and fellowship instructions are found in the Scriptures. Because we believe that all human beings need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, sharing the Christian message is of utmost importance to us.
(1) We believe that the sixty-six books of the Bible are inspired by God and given to man by the Holy Spirit. They express the mind and will of the living God. 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21, (added Sept. 2010) Hebrews 4:12
(2) We believe that there is only one true God eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each of whom equally possess all the unchangeable attributes of Deity. They always were, are and will be. Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 48:16; John 14:23.
a. God the Father is Spirit, Holy, just, loving, infinite and eternal. John 3:16 and 4:24
b. God the Son, Jesus Christ, created all things yet humbled Himself to be miraculously conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin. Perfect Deity and sinless Humanity are demonstrated by Christ. John 1:1-4; Colossians 1:16; Isaiah 7:14 and 9:6-7; Philippians 2:7.
c. God the Holy Spirit is a Divine Person, equal with the Father and the Son. He is our Teacher, Who gives understanding of the scriptures and reveals the character of God. He glorifies the Father and the Son but not Himself. The Holy Spirit gives believers confirmation of their identity as God’s children and convicts the world of sin. Romans 8:16, Luke 4:1; John 14:10 and 16:13-15 and 17:21-23.
(3) We believe in the personality of Satan, also known as the Devil. On the day that Adam fell, by believing the Devil’s lie, Adam and all mankind forfeited the life of God and died spiritually. This condition is upon every person and results in eternal separation from God. Genesis 2:16-17 and 3:4-5; Romans 5:12 and 3:23; 1 Corinthians 15:21-22; John 3:3-5; Philippians 1:21.
(4) Restoration of spiritual life is available only to those who believe that Jesus Christ is God’s perfect provision for restoration. Forgiveness of sin and the restoration of life is God’s gift through faith in Jesus Christ- a New Birth. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the sinless Lamb of God, died willingly in the place of sinners to become the Redeemer of this fallen world. By His death on a cross, He became the only Mediator between God and man. His death perfectly satisfied the just wrath of God on fallen man. Acts 20:28; Romans 5:8-9; Ephesians 1:6-7; Titus 3:4-7.
(5) We believe that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead by the power of God and lives forever. The same Spirit Who raised Christ from the dead is the One Who gives life, His life to us. Romans 8:11
(6) We believe that the Holy Spirit dwells within upon belief and confession of faith in Jesus Christ. These are called children of God. The Holy Spirit, according to His wisdom, equips all believers through many ways with whatever is needed to fulfill His calling. He is the dynamic of His every request. Romans 8:9 and 14-16; 1 Corinthians 2:12&13; Galatians 5:22&23. John 3:34
We believe that Church is God’s idea and is His earthly means of gathering His followers for fellowship, prayer, instruction and communion. The wisdom of God is demonstrated through the Church to both this world and the spiritual world. Eph. 1:22&23, Eph. 3:10, Col. 1:18, Acts 2.